If you have dry skin and you are trying out different body washes, then remember wrong product can strip the skin of its natural oils. When every shower dries out your skin, even more, it is time to turn down the negative impact and invest in one of the best moisturizing body wash for dry skin. If you live in temperate climates then cold dry atmosphere outside takes its toll on the skin. All you need to do is add simple, gentle wholesome skincare products to your regular routine. This article will help you with detailed insight into how can your skin feel protected, nourished, and pampered throughout the year.
Body Wash Reliable for Dry Skin – Revealing the Facts
Wherever you stay, skin problems are becoming a part of life. To eliminate all the skin issues, I have gone out of my way to search the best body wash for dry skin. Before we proceed to that section you need to know your skin very well. As it is said prevention is better than cure. So, let us start with the fact, what type of skin you own. The best moisturizing body washes for dry skin may not seem to be appropriate for oily skin.
How Body Soap is Harsh on the Skin?
One of the root causes of dry skin is your soap. Often exacerbated by harsh detergent along with fragrance oils and synthetic chemicals, soaps are responsible for washing off natural skin-protecting oils. Those trusty, dependable bar of regular soaps tend to irritate dry skin and cause itchiness.
However, body wash proves to get importance to hydrate your skin often and retaining the moisture regularly. They come along with a varied range of fragrances, travel-friendly, cost-effective and makes you feel like you have stepped out of a spa every time you shower.
Other Reasons Behind Dry Skin
Other additional underlying reasons that cause the skin to become dry is due to the environment. Winter days are particularly harsh on the skin. Due to low humidity, moisture jumps off the skin. Furthermore, sebaceous glands produce less oil as we age which leads to dry and cracked skin.
One product certainly does not fit all these conditions and can help reduce symptoms, such as redness, flaking, irritation, rough patches, when you have dry skin is body wash.
Remember Before Purchasing Body Wash
Simply grabbing the first item you see on the lotion aisle of any drugstore is not enough. You need to keep in mind certain requirements before spending a penny.
Body Wash Type
The best body washes for dry skin renders its top priority to moisturize without leaving the greasy feel. They should be gentle and effective at the same time. It should be capable enough to lock the sensitive skin’s natural barrier. Be it blizzards, dry heat or hot showers, the perfect body wash should be able to able to act as a barrier for all.
Ingredients in the products:
- Glycolic Acid: A popular dry skin ingredient and also effective on all skin types. It exfoliates and nourishes to intact the moisture to your skin. Furthermore, it retains hydration throughout the day.
- Aloe Vera: The natural ingredient to treat sunburn, and can also be applied to moisturize dry skin. It serves to absorb in the skin immediately. Even in its native form, it is perfect for sensitive skin. On top of all these, it also benefits to reduce redness and soothe irritation.
- Lactic Acid: It is sufficient in aiding and recovering dry skin. This ingredient also gets a tag of anti-aging material. Rebuild suppleness of the skin, while reducing the emergence of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Humectants: These are components that draw moisture into the skin. Hyaluronic acid, honey, propylene, glycol are some of its sources.
- Herbal ingredients: The basic materials like chamomile, oatmeal, and lavender calm irritated skin. Natural oils like almond, sunflower, olive, and avocado are gentle, don’t clog pores.
Take a glance at the skin types and required treatments.
- Dry type: Natural plant-based cleansers are paired with olive oil and aloe which can only leave skin feeling clean, soft and perfectly pampered.
- Oily-type: Then you have to use a gentle, everyday exfoliator to clear away pore-clogging impurities.
- For combination types: Natural lavender and marigold extracts, along with Vitamin E and pro-Vitamin B5 work together to produce an immediate effect.
- For normal types: The most blessed one are these people who require no special treatment. All you need to ensure that the product softens and balances skin pH level.
What Customer thinks about these Top Body Washes for Dry Skin
To help you get one of the easiest product to manage dry skin, I have listed my top three favorites. These will definitely make bath time even more blissful.
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser: The Most Travel-Friendly Exfoliating
The rich formula manages to leave dry skin softer with just the smallest dab. The packaging boasts body wash in two sizes, an 11.8-ounce bottle, and a 16.9-ounce bottle. Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, and Butylparaben works on the smallest part of the skin area.
Further, it prevents drying up of skin long after application. People with sensitive dry skin will love this product as per the description.
All you need to do is apply a decent amount of the cleanser on to the skin. Then, rub gently and keep it for a few minutes. If you are not using water, then dab a tissue to remove the cleansing material. Otherwise, you can rinse it well with water. The after effect leaves you with soft skin and improvement in texture.
- Formulated efficiently and suitable for sensitive skin.
- Hypoallergenic and Dermatologist Tested.
- Suitable for children and adults equally.
- It can be used by both men and women.
- It can fix other skin conditions besides dry skin.
- Pleasant fragrance available in three variants, catering to different people’s needs.
- Refreshes the skin without drying.
- It might generate mild irritations on sensitive skin.
- The rounded bottle top is tricky to close with one hand in the shower.
- According to earlier users, this cleanser is pretty good and reasonably priced. They were able to use it well to clean the face as well.
- Even people with mixed skin type could not resist themselves from using this product. They claimed that after every use their skin felt brighter and flawless.
- It gets a rating of 5 out of 5 as the best body wash for dry sensitive skin. If paired with a perfect moisturizing lotion it definitely becomes a dream combo.
CeraVe Hydrating Body Wash: The Most Highly-Rated Hydrating Body Wash
Kudos to the manufactures, this product is meant to be good for your skin, especially if you have dry skin. Without stripping your skin, this tries to conditioning it with skin-softening ingredients like Ceramides 1, 3 & 6-II, Carbomer, Purified water, Boric acid, Hyaluronic Acid, Glycerin, Sodium Borate, and Sodium hydroxide.
The effective benefits make it a luxurious and fresh-smelling product. This creamy body washes glides onto parched skin in the most soothing way.
To use this product, wet your skin with lukewarm water and massage the skin in gentle circular motion. Finally, rinse with cold water and get a glowing skin.
- A top choice for allergy-prone persons.
- Fortify the skin and lock-in moisture.
- Avoids artificial perfumes, parabens, and sulfates.
- The National Eczema Association highly recommends it.
- It has both ceramides and Omega oils to heal itchy skin.
- It lacks parabens, sulfates, and artificial fragrances.
- Difficult to squeeze out of the bottle because the plastic material is really hard.
- No remarkable fragrances and a bit thick in nature.
- Some customers claimed the product to be thick and does not rinse off easily. However, it is hard to resist despite it uses a lot of good wash.
- People liked this foamy material which has a nice texture and natural material formulated at a decent price tag.
- Users of all skin types rated this product a 4.1 out of 5 and reported that it does a great job at hydrating the body.
Bioderma Atoderm Shower Oil: The Most Unique Body Oil
Come fall and winter, your skin demands routine and with this body oil, you get an expensive spa-like indulgence. A double-acting soap-free shower oil-based product is ideal for those with dry and sensitive skin. The brand’s signature ingredient two natural active ingredients shea butter and avocado extracts are enough to immediately softens the skin.
Along with that, it has two hydrating active ingredients vaseline and glycerine, with a patented natural D. A. F. complex. Your skin will not feel like an oil slick after use as it acts as a Holy Grail product for chronic dry skin. Prepare to be impressed if your dry skin loves oil-based products, without making you feel greasy. This antioxidant product acts from head-to-toe and is gentle enough for daily use.
- It contains natural moisturizing agents like glycerin and vegetal bio-lipids.
- It keeps the bacteria from sticking to the skin.
- Skin appears softer, smoother and more light.
- It leaves a sticky residue on the skin after applying it.
- A bit pricey product for regular use.
- Most of the users rate this product as 5 out of 5 and claim to use this incredible lotion for a long period of time. The struggle of having an extremely dry face in the cold winters for years was finally addressed by this oil.
- Some aged women also recommend this product for those who have crossed the 40+mark. They repeatedly advise women at an advanced age. Along with these, they say that it can also be used as a night cream for any age.
- The most helpful comment claimed this product to be a total life changer. It can manage all types of skin conditions and even works on elbows as well as knees.
Lastly, I will Say
These above-mentioned products have the capability of making dry skin feel better in just one day. Do not forget your face and choose the best body wash accordingly. I believe this article will be able to help make the best choices in your daily skin care regime. To keep the skin soft and supple you can choose any one of these top dry skin mending solutions.
Besides, applying a moisturizing lotion every night or any body wash you also need to drink plenty of water. To reduce the effects of cold trying equipping your room with a humidifier. Avoid hot and long showers to help protect skin. Finally, to again remind you, always read the labels thoroughly to notice that your skin is receiving the components required or not. Try to stick with one product for a couple of weeks to see if it works for you.